Don’t Throw It Out: Content Cleaning After a Fire
Content Cleaning After A Fire: Don't Throw It Out
Don’t throw it out! Did you know that many of your personal belongings may be saved after a disaster? If you have had a fire in your home in Niwot, CO, damage may include smoke, soot, water or mold. Disaster mitigation companies offer content cleaning because they know you value saving money and they know that some belongings that hold a deeper meaning to your family.
When It Can’t Be Scrubbed
You know some things can be scrubbed with or abrasives or immersed in water, but what about the things that can’t? Here are some ways that specialists can help save your items.
• Dry-Cleaning. This is a great method for removing soil and odors from fabric and clothing.
• Cavitation. This is an ultrasonic method for cleaning soot and smoke from the nooks and crannies of non-porous items such as, jewelry, records, glasses, and kitchenware.
• Foam Cleaning. When items are too big to pack off for dry-cleaning, foam cleaning can help. This is great for cleaning upholstered items, like sofas, chairs, and mattresses.
• Electronics Cleaning. Soot and smoke can cause corrosion of metal inside your electronic items. This can lead to failure and safety issues. Specialists may be able to clean your electronics by taking them apart and carefully removing the soot from all surfaces.
• Document Saving. Sometimes documents can’t be fully restored, but professionals have many ways to ensure the documents are completely dry to prevent further damage.
Removal and Storage
The right company can offer you climate-controlled storage of your personal belongings to further prevent damage of items during the home restoration stage. Content storage also enables the experts to focus on cleaning methods for each of your personal belongings, which are documented in great detail, including photo and description.
So, don’t be hasty to throw out items since dry-cleaning and other techniques can be used to help save your belongings. When you work with a professional fire mitigation company, they will guide you through the process of what can be saved and what must be trashed.