Avoid Lingering Odors from Flooding
When a business in Louisville, CO, experiences water issues, the problem isn’t just the wetness. Even after the issue seems to have been resolved, lingering odors mean there is likely mold growth happening. If the cause was flood water, there are likely other contaminants that could be left behind if not properly cleaned. Whether it’s a little or a lot of water, a water and mold remediation expert can ensure your property is thoroughly dried, cleaned and sanitized.
Residual Effects of Water Damage
A severe storm, pipe burst, sewage loss or roof leak are just a few potential causes of water damage. No matter what the source is, getting it repaired as quickly as possible is essential to preventing further problems. If the damage continues to spread, it can easily turn into more than just a moisture problem. Along with having to throw away damaged belongings, structural and long-term problems can begin to form.
- Mold growth can begin to happen with 48 hours. If the situation isn’t revolved, mold spores will begin to spread to unaffected areas.
- Drywall and ceilings can begin to sag and lose integrity.
- Electrical components can begin to corrode, creating potential safety hazards.
- Saturated insulation can increase mold growth, as well as loses its ability to resist heat.
- Wood floors can easily become warped, as well as be breeding grounds for mold.
Advanced Tools Eradicate Lingering Effects
In most of the above, mold is a key issue. Instead of hoping for the best or replacing items, which can get expensive, a restoration company can restore many things that are considered unsalvageable, repair affected areas, eradicate mold and deodorize to ensure those lingering effects aren’t able to linger. Depending on the type of damage, there are various cleaning methods to eliminate mold growth and odors, all of which use the latest technology to get your business back to new.
While dealing with water damage may seem like a hassle, leaving it unchecked will make it a much bigger problem. Getting the right help can help make it “Like it never even happened.”